Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Norton Cinema

  1. #11
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    You would hope the projectionist would have 20/20 vision .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #12
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    recent experience.. saw Tropic Thunder there.. sound went out, sound came back in, sound went out again... over and over and over.. screen went to hell once..

    it's supposed to be digital.. but i dont think it is. the picture isn't THAT GREAT

  3. #13
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    Digital doesn't usually feature a grainy picture unless you're watching Grindhouse.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    Yeah, exactly.

    I took my dad to see The Dark Knight, the unbelievably loud sound of the score made the dialog hard to hear. Especially in some of key scenes, it damn near ruined the whole experience for him. I could tell a huge difference when I watched it at Marquee Cinemas for the first time, the dialog was very clear, and the score was very distinct as well. At Norton Cinema they just need to work on getting the right mix of that, and I can get over the projectors not being digital. I actually love the setup, the seating, the concessions there. Of course would it be too much to ask for a little light while being seated. It's soooo dark in there.

    Just little things really...things that are very fixable.

  5. #15
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Norton Cinema

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's supposed to be digital.. but i dont think it is. the picture isn't THAT GREAT </div></div>

    The picture at Norton isn't digital, I know they advertised digital pretty hard in the beginning, but as it turns out they only have digital audio.

    This theater will always be at least one step behind the rest of the world, because it will always be the same people running it. They always liked to cut corners before and will only do the same with this new theater. If I had to guess the problems they have now will be the same problems they have 10 years from now, but worse.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    Ok, if you want to see what the definition of an absolutely horrible picture is, go to Norton and watch Step Brothers. Only the center of the screen was in focus, the print was scratched throughout and the projected image was just a bit too large for the screen.

    Wish I had went to an earlier showing so I could have expressed my displeasure to theater staff. I can get a better picture with my 5" TV.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    For Pineapple Express...they cut off 1/4 of the picture. They really need to start getting this theater in top shape. It's pathetic right now.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victory or Death</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For Pineapple Express...they cut off 1/4 of the picture. They really need to start getting this theater in top shape. It's pathetic right now. </div></div>

    Well thanks for warning me, I was planning on seeing that one tomorrow afternoon.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Norton Cinema

    very welcome.. I saw it twice.. and both times it was the same.. and the picture was grainy..


    what else gets me.. it's been a month.. and we still haven't had Swing Vote, and I didn't even see a midnight showing for The Rocker, or the fact they are picking it up..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •